Thursday, November 6, 2008

paper nest

My good friend Karla and I have decided to sell some of our artwork at a store called "Good Ju Ju" in West Bottoms, KC. You can check out their website here. One of the owners of "Good Ju Ju" is going to be interviewed on Fox4 tomorrow morning at 8:50am and she will be displaying some of the art Karla has made as a paper nest artist. paper nest is our name. It comes from surrounding ourselves with paper and materials while we create our art...so much so, that while we are working, whichever way we turn, there is paper; a paper nest, if you will. Here are some pictures of our display at "Good Ju Ju."

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books
Some of our artwork as paper nest artists.



Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books
A "paper nest" and journal that explains who we are.



Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books
More artwork.


If you like what you see, come visit! Check out the website for directions and when they are open. Karla and I will be working on Sunday from 1-4pm. Maybe we'll see you there!

3 comments:

amosclarkson said...

That is so cool, Cheryl!! I SO wish I could attend on Sunday but we will be in Iowa. I have seen some of your work around your house & think that this a great adventure for you! I think that people will really like your stuff & this could become something really big (money making, that is :) for you. I have a friend who's mom owns a gallery in Lee's Summit. Let me know if you want to talk with her! Good for you!

Anonymous said...

Hello Cheryl & Callie. Jodi & I miss seeing you. That Callie is getting so big, she is as cute as can be. Hope to see u soon.

By the way, mark your calendar for for Jan 17th. That will be Jodi's big day. I'll keep everyone posted.

Lorie said...

Very neat! And good for you! I am off to check out the store online (since I can't go in person!!)