Monday, September 29, 2008

Happy 1st Birthday Callie!


Here's our favoritest, now 1 year old daughter, Callie Christine. She had a great birthday and is now soundly sleeping, probably dreaming of all the wonderful (and stinker) things 1 year olds get to do. I'm torn...my baby is a toddler??? I'm not ready to let go of my baby yet! But time goes on. On the other hand, I am soooo excited to watch her blossom a little more every day and am appreciating staying home more each day too. Wouldn't want to miss a moment! She really is beautiful little girl, inside and out and I think I would feel the same even if I wasn't "The Mommy." I love that title. And I love the fact that I've worn that title proudly for a whole year now. A good friend of mine gave me a gift to celebrate 1 year of motherhood. I truly appreciated that kindness and am so happy to accept. It is my most important job and I do my best.

Callie,
Daddy and I are so proud of you and pray that we can guide and support you through your life journey the best possible ways with God's help. We love you so much and thank God for you every day. You are such a miracle and the bestest blessing ever!
Love,
Mommy & Daddy

2 comments:

amosclarkson said...

Happy Birthday, Callie! Eli & I enjoyed your play party....it also gave Eli time to get to know his future father-in-law :) I know what you mean, Cheryl, about being torn in calling her a toddler. I still call him baby....probably always will (at least in my heart!) Have a great week and maybe we'll see you both on Friday.

Tori said...

Happy Birthday Callie! You are a wonderful baby girl who is becoming a wonderful toddler! We are happy to know you and your mommy (and your daddy now, too). Hope today was really special for you!
-Jack and Tori